Call for Artists:
The Cameron Gallery presents: The $25/$50/$100 Art show
November 18 – December 10, 2016
The Cameron Gallery at The Scrap Exchange is hosting an open-call art show in celebration of the organization’s 25th year in operation, and the 50th anniversary of the Center Theatre’s opening. The show, opening Third Friday, November 18, is open to all artists that incorporate reclaimed materials or found objects into their work. There will be three price points for works: $25, $50, and $100. (The Scrap Exchange maintains a 60/40 split with artists on sold works. Artists receive 60% of the sale price).
1. Artists may submit up to ten pieces. Work size is limited to 2’ by 3’. All works must incorporate creative reuse and arrive ready to hang. We welcome work in all media and have a few pedestals available for sculpture display.
2. There is no application procedure. Artists may just bring completed works to The Scrap Exchange during store hours on the following days prior to the show’s opening: Monday, November 14 (11am-6:30pm), Tuesday, November 15 (11am – 6:30pm), Wednesday, November 16 (11am – 6:30pm) and Thursday, November 17 (11am – 6:30pm).
3. When you arrive, please check in with a retail store manager or the Cameron Gallery Coordinator to complete the Artist Contract, inventory list, and display labels. Artists will select the price points for their works. Only one work may be for sale for $100. Tape the labels to your works in the gallery.
4. Celebrate the show’s opening on Third Friday, November 18! Bring your friends and family and encourage them to purchase work from the show. We will provide free food and beverages. Art making in the Make-N-Take room is free on Third Fridays.
5. All artwork is grab and go. This means customers can take their purchased pieces off of the gallery walls at the time of purchase. Artists are welcome to replace sold works with additional pieces. We will contact you when works sell.
6. The show closes on December 10, 2016. Please make plans to collect unsold work on December 11, so that the artist installing the December show may prepare. All uncollected work becomes property of The Scrap Exchange on January 2 and may be sold. We will issue checks to artists for sold works 2-4 weeks after the show.
Contact Chellie LaPointe, Cameron Gallery Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-213-1278 if you have any additional questions.