JOB DESCRIPTION: Outreach and Education Assistant / The Scrap Exchange
Title: Outreach and Education Assistant
Work week: 20 hours per week. Weekend availability required.
Reports to: Outreach and Education Manager
Work with staff and board to fulfill the mission of The Scrap Exchange by providing key assistance to the Outreach and Education Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to program inquiries (for parties, workshops, open studio, school events, general events) with information about programming options and cost. Provide courteous, friendly and efficient customer service.
- Introduce Open Studio participants to the Make N Take room.
- Enter information about potential and/or scheduled programs in the events database; assist with event staffing and confirmations.
- Work with Outreach and Events Manager to prepare event binders and distribute to event staff.
- Provide post-event follow-up as needed, including surveys for internal and external reporting.
- File paperwork from events and update the database with relevant post-event information, including payments and key information for future events.
- Help pick up and return rental trucks.
- Explore opportunities for program growth and development.
- Help develop systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness in booking and delivering programs.
- Help develop new business opportunities through outreach to potential clients, expanding current markets, and periodically traveling to trade shows to market and promote Scrap Exchange creative and educational programs.
- Assist with program marketing using social media.
Materials and Room Maintenance
- Help supervise volunteers to process and sort program materials.
- Help keep Design Center and Make N Take Room clean and organized; work with staff and volunteers to maintain rooms.
- Work with other staff to divert fun, colorful materials for creative, educational programs.
- Help ensure that materials are stocked in the Make N Take Room and available for offsite programming.
- Monitor stock levels of tools and supplies (scissors, tape, staplers, first-aid kit supplies, etc.) and re-order as needed.
- Offer organizational support for operations, subbing for sick/vacation and general filling in as needed.
- Help with answering phones and other administrative office support.
- Serve as back-up staff for events as needed.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) hours accrued at the following rates for regularly scheduled hours (non-PTO, non-outreach events) worked:
- 5% in the first and second year of employment
- 5% in years 3, 4 and 5
- 10% in all years thereafter
- 10 discretionary days, pro-rated according to hours worked (i.e., 20 hour per week employees receive 40 discretionary hours per year)
- 20% off store purchases (some restrictions apply)
- 50% off class registration for creative classes
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] scrapexchange.org by March 9, 2017