Job Description: Part-Time Store Staff / Cashier
The Scrap Exchange
Title: Part time store staff
Reports to: Retail Store Manager and Assistant Managers
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide courteous, friendly and efficient customer service
- Provide customers with accurate, positive information about The Scrap Exchange
- Promote Special Events
- Work cash register
- Maintain accurate sales records
- Stock the store, in conjunction with other staff
- Create displays/sample items
- Set prices of retail items, in conjunction with other staff
- Keep store, bathroom, volunteer space, workshop space and storage space orderly and clean
- Answer phone , take messages, and check messages
- Handle customer complaints; confer with director/manager
- Screen items brought in as drop offs and write up donation receipts.
- Restock Flyers
- Maintain, organize, clean, and introduce participants to both the open studio/Make n Take room, Design Center.
- Assist with warehouse organization, as needed.
- Sub for other staff as needed.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time up to 8 hours
- Bending, stooping, and climbing
- Unassisted heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs)
- Working in varying temperatures
Application information: Currently all positions are filled, but we are always accepting resumes. Please submit resumes to Jeff Zern, Retail Store Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.