- This event has passed.
Swap-O-Rama-Rama at Lakewood Shopping Center
February 15, 2014 @ 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Oh yes, the SWAP-O-RAMA-RAMA is back!
The most fabulous community clothing swap event ever is returning to Durham February 15, so start emptying out your closets– and dudes, we want your duds too!
How does a Swap-O-Rama-Rama work? It’s simple, bring your unwanted clothing (hats, shoes and accessories included), SWAP them out for new-to-you items, and then create one-of-a-kind fashions with DIY sewing and embellishing stations.
DATE: Saturday, February 15
TIME: 10 AM – 4 PM
LOCATION: 2050 Chapel Hill Road in Durham, NC
(previously Lakewood Cinema and the Duke Surplus building, and future home of The Scrap Exchange!)
COST: $10 per person; Free for children 10 and under
In addition to swapping clothes, you can alter and embellish clothes with DIY stations GALORE such as:
- T-shirt press: With vintage decals and letters, need we say more.
- Costumery: Mardi Gras is right around the corner (Tuesday, March 4)–bring your Krewe, and work with a costumer who will drape and double-dog dare you to wear it out on the town.
- Altered sweaters: Ann May Woodward will be present and provocative with her altered sweater creations.
- Borderline bedazzlers: You know who you are.
- Fabric stencils: Make it all yours with stencils and paint.
- Bric-a-Brac, trim and notions: Turn those britches into a flirty mess.
- Sergers and sewing machines: Sew baby, sew!
- Put a heart on it (or unravel it): Afterall, it’s the day after St. Valentines.
- Trashion strut: Walk the runway in your new creations and stunning outfits.
Let us know if you would like to volunteer (4-hour shifts); Call 919.682.2751. Volunteers get in for FREE!