Call for Artists
The Scrap Exchange is seeking artists to participate in our annual Open Call Friends and Family Show, celebrating the art of creative reuse. This non-juried, open call show is a chance for artists of all ages, experience, styles, and mediums in the Triangle community to participate in an art show.
The opening reception for our Friends and Family Show will be Friday, June 21st from 6 pm-9 pm. The opening is also the official kick-off for DIY Fest on Saturday, June 22nd. The celebration will include free refreshments and free art-making.
VERY IMPORTANT: Artists must drop off their work during the following store hours and NO WORK will be accepted after 6/19/19:
Mon, June 17 from 11:00 am-4:00 pm
Tue, June 18 11:00 am-4:00 pm
Wed, June 19 11:00 am-4:00 pm
We also have a few rules for participating in the Friends & Family Show:
- Artists may submit a maximum of 3 pieces, sizes not to exceed 2 ft x 3 ft. To inquire about submitting large pieces, please email Diana Shark at email@example.com.
- Artwork should be submitted ready to hang or display.
- Artwork must incorporate 75% reworked, repurposed, reused, or reclaimed material.
- Any medium is acceptable.
- Artists may explore any subject matter. However, artwork must be family friendly, as our gallery is visited daily by children and adults of all ages.
- All items must be for sale and artists will keep 60% of the proceeds.
- Artists must complete an inventory sheet when dropping off their pieces.
- All work will remain hanging for the duration of the show. There will be no cash and carry policy for sold artwork.
- Friends and Family Show ends on Saturday, August 10th. Artists should plan to pick up their unsold artwork on Sunday, August 11th from 12:00-5:00 pm.
- Artists are encouraged to attend the opening night reception on Friday, June 21st and for 3rd Friday on July 19th from 6:00-9:00 pm
Have questions? Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org