Holiday Art Show November 16, 2018 – January 05, 2019
The Cameron Gallery at The Scrap Exchange is hosting an open-call Holiday Art show. The show, opening Third Friday, November 16th, is open to all artists that incorporate reclaimed materials or found objects into their work. All artwork should be priced from $25 to $150. (The Scrap Exchange maintains a 60/40 split with artists on sold works. Artists receive 60% of the sale price).
- Artists may submit up to five pieces. Work size is limited to 2’ by 3’. All works must incorporate creative reuse and arrive ready to hang. We welcome work in all media and have a few pedestals available for sculpture display. Artists are responsible for pricing their work. We will issue checks to artists for sold artwork 2-4 weeks after the show closes on January 5, 2019.
- All artwork is grab-n-go, meaning customers can remove pieces from the gallery walls at the time of purchase. We will contact you when your work sells. Artists can replace sold works with additional pieces weekly on Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm ONLY. Please allow time for the existing inventory list to be updated when dropping off new work.
- There is no application procedure. Artists are required to bring finished work, ready to hang to
The Scrap Exchange during store hours on the following days only: Thursday, November 8th, (11 am-5:00 pm), Friday, November 9th (11 am – 5:00 pm), and Saturday, November 10 (10 am – 5:00 pm). Drop-off requests other than those listed above must be approved. Requests can be made via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you arrive for drop-off, check in with Diana Shark, the Cameron Gallery Coordinator to complete a Contract, Inventory List, and apply ID labels (labels will be provided). Label each piece clearly and legibly with artists name, title and price and apply to back of each piece. A duplicate label with an inventory number will be generated from your completed inventory list and displayed next to each work by a gallery member prior to opening. Please make sure the information on the inventory sheet matches the label placed on the back of each piece to avoid confusion.
- Celebrate the show’s opening on Third Friday, November 16! Bring your friends and family and encourage them to purchase work from the show. We will provide free food and beverages. Art making in the Make-N-Take room is free on Third Fridays.
- The show closes on January 5, 2019. Please make plans to collect unsold work by Monday, January 7, 2019. Uncollected work becomes property of The Scrap Exchange on January 14 and may be sold.
Contact Diana Shark, Cameron Gallery Coordinator, at email@example.com
or 919-213-1278 if you have any additional questions.