Call for Artists
The Scrap Exchange is seeking artists to participate in our annual Friends and Family Show, celebrating the art of creative reuse. This non-juried, open hanging show is a chance for artists of all ages, experience, styles and mediums in the Triangle community to participate in an art show.
The opening reception for our Friends and Family Show will be Friday, April 20 from 6 pm-9 pm. This year, opening night festivities are being held in conjunction with the Grand Opening of Scrap Thrift at 5 pm. The Gallery opening is also the official kick-off for DIY Fest on Saturday, April 21st. The celebration will include free refreshments, free art making and music by the Bulltown Strutters!
VERY IMPORTANT: Artists must drop off their work during the following store hours and NO WORK will be accepted after 4/18/18:
Mon, April 16 from 11:00 am-4:00 pm
Tue, April 17 11:00 am-4:00 pm
Wed, April 18 11:00 am-4:00 pm
We also have a few rules for participating in the Friends & Family Show:
- Artists may submit a maximum of 3 pieces, sizes not to exceed 2 ft x 3 ft. To inquire about submitting large pieces, please email Diana Shark at gallery[at]scrapexchange.org.
- Artwork should be submitted ready to hang or display.
- Artwork must incorporate 75% reworked, repurposed, reused, or reclaimed material.
- Any medium is acceptable.
- Artists may explore any subject matter. However, artwork must be family friendly, as our gallery is visited daily by children and adults of all ages.
- All items must be for sale and artists will keep 60% of the proceeds.
- Artists must complete an inventory sheet when dropping off their pieces.
- The show runs through May 13th and all work will remain hanging for the duration of the show. There will be no cash and carry policy for sold artwork.
- Friends and Family Show ends on Saturday, May 12. Artists should plan to pick up their unsold artwork on Sunday, May 13 from 12:00-5:00pm.
- Artists are encouraged to attend the opening night reception on Friday April 20 from 6:00-9:00 pm
Have questions? Contact Diana Shark at gallery[at]scrapexchange.org