The Cameron Gallery, located inside The Scrap Exchange, a creative arts reuse center, is seeking a team of artists to participate in an exhibit titled Apt. 4F: Functional, Fashion, Fiber and Fine Art (including found object art) show that runs May 18- June 9, 2018.
For the exhibition, an apartment will be staged in the Cameron Gallery and decorated with Fine Art, Functional Art (aesthetic objects that serve utilitarian purpose like furniture, lighting, glassware, decorative household goods, etc.), Fiber Art and Fashion (aka trashion) all produced from reused materials. Artists selected will:
- Agree to exhibit existing work chosen by Gallery Committee
- Meet with committee representatives to plan room contents
- Be given materials from The Scrap Exchange to incorporate into new work
- Have 5.5 weeks to complete new work for exhibit
- Share progress with committee members
- Provide models for gallery opening (fashion only)
- Be present at Gallery Opening on May 18, 2018, 6-9 pm
- Receive 60% of the proceeds of sold items
Requirements to apply: Please send the following information and documents to Diana Shark, Cameron Gallery Coordinator, at email@example.com:
- Artist biography for each participating artist (Microsoft Word or other comparable text program)
- Category you are applying for (Functional, Fashion, Fiber, Fine). Multiple categories are allowed.
- Description of how work incorporates creative reuse, reclaimed materials, or found objects
- 3-5 images of creative work (.jpeg or .gif or .png formats please)
Deadline Extended: Submissions must be received by 4/7/18.
Questions: Contact Diana Shark, Cameron Gallery Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.682.2751