The Scrap Exchange is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organization, Federal ID Number 56-1728718. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Checks can be made payable to The Scrap Exchange and mailed to us at 2050 Chapel Hill Road, Durham, NC 27707.
Donate to the Scrap Exchange Legacy Fund
The Scrap Exchange Legacy Fund is an Agency Fund held by the Triangle Community Foundation (TCF) . The purpose of the fund is to help ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization.
This fund was started by former Board Treasurer Rebecca Currie to honor her aunt, the late Frances Evelyn McDaniel, who taught elementary school in the Seattle Public School system for more than 30 years, and spent her life collecting materials to use in her classroom.
Donors can contribute in many ways as follows:
- by check to The Scrap Exchange; please note The Scrap Exchange Legacy Fund in the memo line.
- by check to TCF with The Scrap Exchange Legacy Fund noted on the memo line. Mail check to the TCF mailing address:
324 Blackwell Street, Suite 1220, Durham NC 27701.
- By stock transfer or wire transfer; call 919-682-2751 for more info.
- With gifts of business interests, retirement accounts, life insurance, real estate; call 919-682-2751 for more info
- Through a will or trust; call 919-682-2751 for more info
For more information on the Legacy Fund, or to arrange a contribution, contact Ann Woodward at 919-682-2751.
Drop off your used ink and toner cartridges
The Scrap Exchange will take your used ink and toner cartridges for recycling. Look for the recycling box in the store or ask any retail staff person.
Use the Goodsearch web portal when searching the internet
Once you designate The Scrap Exchange as your charity of choice, any time you search the web using GoodSearch, The Scrap Exchange receives a donation.