Call for Artists
The Scrap Exchange is seeking artists of all ages, mediums and skill levels to participate in our annual Friends and Family show that celebrates the art of creative reuse happening throughout our community. Whatever your age or experience, The Scrap Exchange wants YOU!
Friends and Family will open April 18 in our Green Gallery featuring our “friends” in the community, and our “family” here at The Scrap Exchange. This non-juried, open hanging show is a chance for artists of all ages, experience, styles and mediums in the Triangle community to participate in an art show. Friends and Family will open in our Green Gallery on Friday, April 18 from 6-9 pm and run through May 10.
We only have a few rules for participating in this show:
- Artists may submit a maximum of 3 pieces.
- Artwork should be submitted ready to hang or display. Please call The Scrap Exchange at 919-688-6960 to inquire about submitting any unusually large pieces.
- Artwork must incorporate 75% reworked, repurposed, reused, or reclaimed material. (We’d love to have artists use materials from The Scrap Exchange, but the materials can be reclaimed from anywhere.)
- Any medium is acceptable.
- Artists may explore any subject matter. However, artwork must be family friendly, as our gallery is visited daily by children and adults of all ages.
- All items must be for sale. The commission split will be 60/40, with 60% of any sale going to the artist, and 40% going to The Scrap Exchange.
- Artists must fill out an information label and inventory sheet for each piece of art when dropping off their pieces. Information labels and inventory sheets will be supplied to the artist when dropping off their work.
- Friends and Family will end on Saturday, May 10. Artists should plan to pick up their artwork on Sunday, May 11 from 12:00-5:00pm.
Artists can drop off their work during the following store hours prior to opening night:
Mon, April 14 from 11:00am-4:00pm
Tue, April 15 11:00am-4:00pm
Wed, April 16 11:00am-4:00pm
The opening reception for our Friends and Family exhibit will be Friday, April 18 from 6pm-9pm. Opening night festivities are open to the public and will include refreshments, free art making and music!
So get to work and prepare a piece (or two or three!) of scrap art to hang in this upcoming show! Last year’s Friends and Family Show was amazing. We can’t wait to see what our “friends and family” prepare for us this year.
Need more information? Call The Scrap Exchange at 919-688-6960 during store hours with any additional questions you may have about this show, or send an email to gallery[at]scrapexchange.org!