Call for Artists
The Scrap Exchange is seeking artists of all ages, mediums and skill levels to participate in our annual Friends and Family show that celebrates the art of creative reuse happening throughout our community. Whatever your age or experience, The Scrap Exchange wants YOU!
This year, the show is being dubbed as the Friends and Family: The FREE Parking Edition. Artists that “park” their work in the Cameron gallery will keep 100% of the proceeds! In additon, the entire community will be invited to tail gate in our FREE parking lot on opening night. Artists are encouraged to invite friends and family to join in the tailgating fun.
Friends and Family: The FREE Parking Edition will open April 21st in our Cameron Gallery featuring our “friends” in the community, and our “family” here at The Scrap Exchange. This non-juried, open hanging show is a chance for artists of all ages, experience, styles and mediums in the Triangle community to participate in an art show. Friends and Family: The FREE Parking Edition will open in our Cameron Gallery on Friday, April 21 from 6-9 pm and run through May 13.
We only have a few rules for participating in this show:
- Artists may submit a maximum of 3 pieces, sizes not to exceed 2 ft x 3 ft.
- Artwork should be submitted ready to hang or display. Please call Diana Shark at The Scrap Exchange at 919-213-1278 to inquire about submitting any unusually large pieces.
- Artwork must incorporate 75% reworked, repurposed, reused, or reclaimed material. (We’d love to have artists use materials from The Scrap Exchange, but the materials can be reclaimed from anywhere.)
- Any medium is acceptable.
- Artists may explore any subject matter. However, artwork must be family friendly, as our gallery is visited daily by children and adults of all ages.
- All items must be for sale and artists will keep 100% of the proceeds.
- Artists must fill out an information label and inventory sheet for each piece of art when dropping off their pieces. Information labels and inventory sheets will be supplied to the artist when dropping off their work.
- Friends and Family will end on Saturday, May 13. Artists should plan to pick up their artwork on Sunday, May 14 from 12:00-5:00pm.
Artists can drop off their work during the following store hours prior to opening night:
Mon, April 17 from 11:00am-4:00pm
Tue, April 18 11:00am-4:00pm
Wed, April 19 11:00am-4:00pm
The opening reception for our Friends and Family: FREE Parking Edition exhibit will be Friday, April 21 from 6pm-9pm. Opening night festivities are open to the public and will include a tail gate party in our FREE parking lot, refreshments, free art making and music!
So get to work and prepare a piece (or two or three!) of scrap art to hang in this upcoming show! Last year’s Friends and Family Show was amazing. We can’t wait to see what our “friends and family” prepare for us this year.
Need more information? Call The Scrap Exchange at 919-213-1278 during store hours with any additional questions you may have about this show, or send an email to gallery[at]scrapexchange.org!