Call for Artists
The Scrap Exchange is seeking artists to participate in our annual Friends and Family Show, which celebrates the art of creative reuse. This non-juried, open hanging show is a chance for artists of all ages, experience, styles and mediums in the Triangle community to participate in an art show. This year, to express our love and support of the arts, all artists participating in the Friends & Family Show will keep 100% of the proceeds!
The opening reception for our Friends and Family Show will be Friday, April 21 from 6pm-9pm. Opening night festivities are open to the public and will include a tail gate party in our parking lot, refreshments, free art making and music by the Bulltown Strutters!
We have a few rules for participating in the Friends & Family Show:
- Artists may submit a maximum of 3 pieces, sizes not to exceed 2 ft x 3 ft. To inquire about submitting large pieces, please email Diana Shark at gallery[at]scrapexchange.org.
- Artwork should be submitted ready to hang or display.
- Artwork must incorporate 75% reworked, repurposed, reused, or reclaimed material. (We’d love to have artists use materials from The Scrap Exchange, but the materials can be reclaimed from anywhere.)
- Any medium is acceptable.
- Artists may explore any subject matter. However, artwork must be family friendly, as our gallery is visited daily by children and adults of all ages.
- All items must be for sale and artists will keep 100% of the proceeds.
- Artists must fill out an information label and inventory sheet for each piece of art when dropping off their pieces. Information labels and inventory sheets will be supplied to the artist when dropping off their work.
- The show runs through May 13th and all work will remain hanging for the duration of the show. There will be no cash and carry policy for sold artwork.
- Friends and Family Show ends on Saturday, May 13. Artists should plan to pick up their unsold artwork on Sunday, May 14 from 12:00-5:00pm.
- Artists are encouraged to attend the opening night reception on Friday April 21st from 6:00-9:00 pm
IMPORTANT: Artists must drop off their work during the following store hours prior to opening night:
Mon, April 17 from 11:00am-4:00pm
Tue, April 18 11:00am-4:00pm
Wed, April 19 11:00am-4:00pm