Title: Assistant Thrift Store Floor Manager
Work week: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Thrift Store Manager
Compensation: $13-$14/hour, Health, Dental and Short-Term Disability benefits, generous paid-time off.
The Assistant Thrift Store Floor Manager serves as the” eyes and ears” of the Thrift Store Floor Manager, helping the manager work with staff to ensure that retail operations run smoothly and safely. In the absence of the Manager, the Assistant Manager handles any problems that arise with customers or personnel issues, and reports back to the manager to work to resolve the problems.
- Manage all aspects of customer transactions including making sure that transaction data is accurately entered into the cash register and logging it daily for entry into bookkeeping/accounting system
- Screen items brought in as drop-off donations; provide donation receipts; ensure that donations are recorded accurately in the donation log.
- Ensure that the store looks attractive to potential customers and is easily shoppable
- Ensure that all areas of the store including the retail floor, bathrooms, volunteer work areas, workshop spaces, and storage spaces are clean, orderly, and properly stocked
- Provide courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service
- Provide customers with accurate, positive information about The Scrap Exchange
- Handle customer complaints and keep Thrift Store Manager apprised of any potential problems that could affect the organization as a whole.
Specific duties include
- Explaining policies, procedures and rules to employees.
- Training employees to properly execute job duties.
- Training employees in safety practices.
- Ensuring that tools and equipment are inspected and properly cared for.
- Getting tools, equipment and materials where needed.
- Getting the appropriate employee working on the right task at the right time.
- Controlling accident hazards.
- Maintaining good housekeeping on the job.
- Checking and inspecting work.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Bending, stooping, and climbing
- Unassisted heavy lifting
- Working in varying temperatures
- Use of box cutters, electric knife
- Driving a cargo van
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references via email to jobs [at] scrapexchange.org no later than September 21, 2017