Title: Scrap Shop Manager
Work week: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Deputy Director
Compensation: $13-$14/hour, Health, Dental and Short-Term Disability benefits, generous paid-time off.
Overall Responsibility: Work with staff and board to fulfill the mission of The Scrap Exchange by providing a consistently high-quality retail experience, and by expanding creative reuse opportunities for customers, volunteers and other community members. The Retail Store Manager works to ensure that retail operations are run in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Manage all aspects of customer transactions including making sure that transaction data is accurately entered into the cash register and logging it daily for entry into bookkeeping/accounting system.
- Track store sales against historical sales and projected targets.
- Work with other staff to keep the store stocked; manage the timely and efficient transfer of materials between back stock/warehouse areas and the store; inform collections department and materials staff of needed materials.
- Work with processing staff to ensure that items brought in as drop-off donations are properly
- Ensure that the store looks attractive to potential customers and is easily shoppable
- Ensure that all areas of the store including the retail floor, bathrooms, volunteer work areas, workshop spaces, and storage spaces are clean, orderly, and properly stocked.
- Provide courteous, friendly and efficient customer service.
- Provide customers with accurate, positive information about The Scrap Exchange.
- Handle customer complaints and keep executive staff apprised of any potential problems that could affect the organization as a whole.
- Handle all staff management tasks including setting staff schedules, doing evaluations, creating and reviewing manuals, setting work priorities, and managing day-to-day operations.
- Oversee duties carried out by other Scrap Store staff and volunteers
- Work with collections and warehouse staff on materials organization and pricing
- Building and maintaining good relations with the public.
- Work with executive staff to ensure that retail operations fit in with the overall goals of The Scrap Exchange.
- Interface with The Scrap Exchange board and executive staff in committee meetings and board meetings as needed.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Bending, stooping, and climbing
- Unassisted heavy lifting
- Working in varying temperatures
- Use of box cutters, electric knife
- Driving a cargo van
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references via email to jobs [at] scrapexchange.org no later than September 21, 2017