Title: Scrap Shop Manager
Work week: 40 hours/week
Reports to: Deputy Director
Overall Responsibility: Work with staff and board to fulfill the mission of The Scrap Exchange by providing a consistently high-quality retail experience, and by expanding creative reuse opportunities for customers, volunteers and other community members. The Scrap Shop works to ensure that retail operations are run in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Manage all aspects of customer transactions including making sure that transaction data is accurately entered into the cash register and logging it daily for entry into bookkeeping system.
- Track store sales against historical sales and projected targets.
- Work with other staff to keep the store stocked; manage the timely and efficient transfer of materials between back stock/warehouse areas and the store; inform collections department and materials staff of needed materials.
- Ensure that the store looks attractive to potential customers and is easily shoppable
- Ensure that all areas of the store including the retail floor, bathrooms, volunteer work areas, workshop spaces, and storage spaces are clean, orderly, and properly stocked.
- Provide courteous, friendly and efficient customer service.
- Provide customers with accurate, positive information about The Scrap Exchange.
- Handle customer complaints and keep executive staff apprised of any potential problems that could affect the organization as a whole.
- Handle all staff management tasks including setting staff schedules, doing evaluations, creating and reviewing manuals, setting work priorities, and managing day-to-day operations.
- Oversee duties carried out by other Scrap Store staff and volunteers.
- Work with collections and warehouse staff on materials organization and pricing.
- Building and maintaining good relations with the public.
- Work with executive staff to ensure that retail operations fit in with the overall goals of The Scrap Exchange.
- Interface with The Scrap Exchange board and executive staff in committee meetings and board meetings as needed.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Bending, stooping, and climbing
- Unassisted heavy lifting
- Working in varying temperatures
- Use of box cutters, electric knife
- Driving a cargo van
The above is intended to describe the general content of the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Two or more years of retail experience managing a staff of at least 10-15 people
- Proven ability to drive sales results and improve sales performance
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of The Scrap Exchange and its mission
Applicants should submit a cover letter, current resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com