The most fabulous community clothing swap event ever is coming soon, so start emptying out your closets– and dudes, we want your duds too!
How does a Swap-O-Rama-Rama work? It’s simple, bring your unwanted clothing (hats, shoes and accessories included), SWAP them out for new-to-you items, and create one-of-a-kind fashions with DIY sewing and embellishing stations.
DATE: Saturday, February 18, 2017
TIME: 10 AM – 3 PM
LOCATION: 2050 Chapel Hill Road, Durham, NC in the Lakewood Shopping Center
COST: $10 per person suggested donation; Free for children 10 and under
In addition to swapping clothes, you can alter and embellish clothes with DIY stations GALORE such as:
- T-shirt press: with vintage decals and letters… Need we say more?
- Altered Sweaters: Ann May Woodward will be present and provocate with her creations!
- Borderline Bedazzlers: You know who you are!
- Fabric Stencils: Make it all yours with stencils and paint!
- Bric-a-Brac, Trims, and Notions: Turn those britches into a flirty mess!
- Sergers and sewing machines: Sew baby, sew!
Let us know if you would like to volunteer. Email volunteer[at]scrapexchange.org.