In celebration of our 24th year in existence (1991 to 2015), we’re hosting a $24 Art Show in the Cameron Gallery in December 2015.
This is an open call, non-juried show for artists incorporating reclaimed or up-cycled materials. All works shown will be for sale for $24 each, with 60% of sales proceeds going to the artist and 40% going to The Scrap Exchange.
The show will open during on Third Friday, December 18, 2015.
1. Create as many or as few pieces as you would like. All works must incorporate a strong element of creative reuse. All media welcome. We have a few pedestals available for sculpture display.
2. Bring finished works to The Scrap Exchange and hang them yourself during store hours on the following days: December 15 (11 a.m.- 7 p.m.), December 16 (11 a.m. – 7 p.m.), December 17 (11 a.m. – 7 p.m.) and December 18 (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.). You may bring your own tools, or use those provided by The Scrap Exchange.
3. Fill out the Artist Contract, Inventory Sheet, and display labels. The documents and labels will available in the Cameron Gallery during the open hanging hours. Please fill out all documents completely. Hang the display labels with your work in the gallery.
5. Celebrate the show’s opening on Third Friday, December 18! Bring your friends and family and encourage them to purchase works from the show. Food and beverages,along with free art-making in the Make-N-Take room, will be available at the opening reception.
6. All artwork is grab and go — customers may take their purchased pieces with them when purchased. You are free to restock as much as you wish during the course of the show.
7. The show closes on January 10, 2016. Please make plans to collect unsold work on January 11, so that the artist installing the January show may prepare. If you are unable to collect your work on January 11, please contact the Cameron Gallery Coordinator to coordinate pick-up of your work. All work that is uncollected as of February 1 is considered a donation to The Scrap Exchange.
8. Checks to artists for sold works will be issued within 4 weeks of the end of the show.
Please contact Cameron Gallery Coordinator Chellie LaPointe at (919) 213-1278 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.