The Scrap Exchange recognizes that the coronavirus situation is dynamic and rapidly changing. At this time, the Scrap Exchange remains open and we continue to assess the situation on a regular basis. We are doing everything in our power to ensure a safe, clean environment for our customers and staff.
If you are currently sick or belong to a group at high risk per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we encourage you postpone your visit to the Scrap Exchange. During this time, we want you to know that we are taking these extra precautionary measures:
- Enhanced and more frequent cleanings, especially of surfaces like cash registers and doorknobs;
- Frequent handwashing by staff who are also wearing gloves;
- Ensuring that staff members who are sick remain at home
We are a nonprofit organization and are seeking the community’s support in the wake of this unprecedented and rapidly evolving crisis. Here’s how you can help support us:
- DONATE: We are a social enterprise and 90% of our operating income comes from store sales. A significant drop in customers means we are financially vulnerable. If you have the means, a donation to the Scrap Exchange will go a long way to support our survival.
- BUY GIFT CERTIFICATES : We understand you may not want to shop now, but purchasing a gift certificate for future use would help support us financially during this downturn.
- SUPPORT THE LOCAL COMMUNITY: Financial strain will hit many of our local businesses and the people who work Here is a resource to support individuals and businesses in the community.
As the situation evolves, please follow us on social media for updates on our hours and happenings.