Our field trip programs are offered year round! Join us at The Scrap Exchange to learn more about the environmental impacts of reuse while engaging in a hands-on creative activity.
Here are our options for Field Trips at The Scrap Exchange:
- Open Studio: This is a self-led program in the Make-N-Take room at The Scrap Exchange. A staff member provides an introduction to the room and the materials available and then participants are free to interact with the materials in order to create a unique project that they can take home with them.
- Workshop: A staff member will introduce the group to basic concepts of creative reuse, explore the materials to be used in the program, and facilitate creativity throughout the length of the program. With at least a 2 week advance notice, this program can be adapted to incorporate specific learning goals and objectives. (This program requires a $50 deposit)
- Tour: Groups of 30 or less can request to be given a tour of our facilities. Best for ages 5 and up.
Open Studio: $5 per participant for 1.5 hours (40 student maximum)
Workshop: $150 per hour (30 student maximum)
Tour: Free with Open Studio or onsite Workshop!
Questions? Call The Outreach & Education office at 919.213.1278 or fill out the form below:
· Please submit request at least 3 weeks prior to event.
· We aim to respond to requests within 72 hours.
· Submission of request form does not guarantee availability.