A Processer’s primary role is to sort donated materials, price, and stock the sales floor. Main duties include: assisting customers while in the store or during donations intake, sort, price, and stock the sales floor. Responsible for sorting carts at established speed, floor recovery, and cleaning duties at the end of each shift.
|Pay Range:||$13.00-$14.00 per hour||Bonus Potential:||5% of salary, assessed quarterly|
|Reports To:||Processing & Collections Manager||Group:||Stockroom|
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide courteous, friendly and efficient customer service
- Provide customers with accurate, positive information about The Scrap Exchange store and programs
- Sort incoming materials for sale in retail stores and use in programming
- Move at a reasonable pace to meet quotas for putting materials out in the store
- Set prices of retail items, in conjunction with condition and retail value
- Stock the shelves and merchandise area. Create displays/sample items if requested by supervisor.
- Guide customers and answer questions. Resolve or escalate customer complaints
- Direct volunteers to process materials for retail store and programming. Politely redirect if off task.
- Donations Intake: Screen items/materials brought in as drop offs for condition and viability.
- Donations Intake: Maintain accurate donation records and write up donation receipts if requested.
- Keep an eye on customer actions and report any potential shoplifting concerns to a manager
- Keep processing area, bathroom, volunteer space, storage, and sales floor orderly and clean
- Promote special events and restock flyers if needed
- Standing, bending, and stooping, for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Regular contact with the public
- Walking and climbing as required
- Unassisted heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs.)
- Occasional, Extended exposure to varying temperatures in an outdoor environment
- Shift Work Exclusively.
- Full Time: 35 hours per week / 5 shifts
- Part Time: approximately 25 hours per week / 3 shifts
- Must be able to work on weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday), as scheduled.
Additional Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School or GED preferred
Certifications and Licenses Requirements
- Previous customer service experience
Additional Notes & Responsibilities
- Cashier back-up or substitute on rotating schedule and as needed
- Act a back-up or substitute for other Scrap Exchange Staff, as needed.
- Stock and reset the store, in conjunction with other staff, as needed.
Maintain, organize, and clean areas as assigned.
The Scrap Exchange actively promotes an environment of respect, diversity, equity and inclusion. We support all employees regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nation origin, creed, marital status, disabled veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, and/or physical disability that does not inhibit the performance of the specific core tasks of this position.