Volunteer Job: Development Intern
The Scrap Exchange is seeking an intern to assist with development and the planning for the upcoming capital campaign. This position would work under the direction of the Development Director.
An intern would gain valuable experience in database management, best practices in stewardship and cultivation of individual donors, helping plan and put on fundraising events and learn more about the nuts and bolts of what goes into a capital campaign.
The position would include assisting with or in holding some of the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating the tracking and disbursement of “Charitable Donations” and Gift Certificates to area organizations.
- Updating and maintaining data integrity within the database and learning to run reports and queries in the database.
- Processing online donations and mailing letters of acknowledgement
- Providing support with the preparation of Special Events
- Providing support with putting together campaign packet materials and assisting campaign committees with implementation of campaign plan.
- Helping conduct research of corporate, foundation and in kind prospects.
The ideal candidate has strong organizations skills, is detail oriented and has good communication skills. The candidate is comfortable with Microsoft Office software and can easily learn new software. Prior experience working in an office environment is desirable.
The position is 4 – 6 hours a week. The Scrap Exchange is an equal opportunity employer.