Are you interested in being a leader and sharing your expertise with our community?
The Scrap’s board of directors is in search of dedicated individuals to help steer the vision, mission, resources, and long-term sustainability of the organization and its Reuse Arts District. We are currently seeking new board members for terms beginning the summer of 2018. Primary areas of expertise sought/desired
- Human resources management
- Professional fundraising and nonprofit development
- Real estate development
- Retail management
- Supply chain and logistics management
- Visual arts and creative design
The Board member will perform typical volunteer management duties of a nonprofit board of directors, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Attend monthly full board meetings
- Attend major fundraising events and participate in activities consisting of advertising and encouraging participation from donors and supporters;
- Governance of the organization;
- Assisting with the strategic planning, initiative and direction of the organization;
- Administration to ensure the appropriate systems are in place to oversee the effectiveness of the organization;
- Financial management/oversight; and
- Provide direction and support to the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- A commitment to the mission of The Scrap Exchange
- Ability to commit at least four hours per month to board activities
- Experience in at least one of the aforementioned areas of expertise sought
- A passion for creativity, art, reuse, environmental awareness, and/or community development is required.
Service commitment: TSE board of directors serve three-year terms up to a maximum of two consecutive terms. The full board meets monthly on the first Tuesday of the month from 6:30pm – 8:30pm.
How to Apply
To request additional information or apply, contact Jason R. Nelson, Director-at-Large and Board Nominations Chair, click here.