Department: Reuse Arts Center
Title: Donations Processor (part-time)
Work week: 20-29 hours per week, weekend days required
Reports to: Scrap Shop Manager
Starting Pay: $10.60/hr
Job Description Summary
The Donations Processor is responsible for maintaining smooth and efficient movement of materials from donations to the customers. Processors sort, research, price, stock and merchandise Scrap Shop materials, all of which are received as donations. They also serve as backup for cashiers and Scrap Shop greeters, provide excellent customer service, and maintain the cleanliness and safety of the shop and processing area. Candidates must be able to work as a team as well as independently, solve problems creatively, and communicate effectively.
Processors often work in specific areas of expertise but may be assigned duties in any processing area as needed, to achieve the priorities of the organization. They must track input/output and work to meet regular sales goals by putting stock out quickly and efficiently, pricing correctly, and merchandising beautifully.
- Assist in moving materials between processing areas
- Sort materials by category for use in sales and programming
- Price materials according to TSE pricing guidelines, researching items as needed
- Stock materials on floor, merchandising to display materials in a way that is attractive, organized and easily shoppable
- Accurately record metrics including input and output of materials (emptying cbins, putting carts out, merchandising materials)
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly environment in the processing area and sales floor
- Regularly update pricing guide
- Other duties as assigned
Work with Volunteers
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator and Processing Lead to develop volunteer projects that meet the needs of volunteers and the Scrap Shop (utilizing excess materials, maximizing revenue, etc)
- Provide a welcoming and productive environment for volunteers
- Knowledge of buildling materials, scrap metal, tools and/or hardware a plus.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs unassisted. Experience with pallet jack is a plus.
- Retail experience a plus.
The Scrap Exchange promotes an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage all people to apply regardless of sexual orientation, gender expression, sex, age, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nation origin, creed, marital status, disabled veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, and/or physical disability that does not prevent the performance of the specific core tasks of this position.