Saturday, June 22nd, 2019 | 12 – 5 pm | 2050 Chapel Hill Road, Durham
Join us to celebrate Durham’s innovative do-it-yourself spirit with local artists and makers. This FREE festival includes kids’ activities, live demonstrations, handmade items created by local reuse artisans, live music, and food trucks!
PLUS GET CREATIVE with hands-on activities at multiple stations:
- Altered T-Shirts
- Screen printing with the experts at Supergraphic Print Lab.
- Community Garden Plant Sale
- FREE Make n Take activities
- Eco Bus Tours
- Food trucks – Presto! Food Truck & La Republicas Tacos
- Display of Durham Memorial Homicide Quilt by Sidney Brodie in the Rhythms Live Music Hall. Stick around after the Fest and see Johnnie White and the Elite Band in one of the areas’ most intimate music spaces!
- Directors Laura Nicholson and Ann Woodward will also present a Q&A session to discuss recent changes to The Scrap Exchange and an update on the Reuse Arts District.
Schedule of events:
12 pm — Festival opens
1-2 pm — Live music by Swedish Wood Patrol
2-3 pm — Live Music by Matt Clark & Allie J
3 pm — Directors Laura Nicholson and Ann Woodward discuss recent leadership transition and our new vision for the short term and long term future of Durhams’ beloved organization
4 pm — 2nd Annual Hebocon Competition
2nd Annual Hebocon Robot Competition, 4 pm til???
Compete in (advance registration required) Durham’s 2nd official Hebocon competition (robot sumo-wrestling competition for those who are not technically gifted) . Check out this video from last year’s competition.
Walk-ins are also allowed. Please arrive early to register your robot.
Artists can download an application here. Please contact Nicole Hogan, Special Event Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors
This year’s event is being presented with funding from Durham 150. Durham 150 celebrates the change makers who have shaped Durham’s unique sense of place, touts Durham’s position for the future, rallies proud Durhamites, and invites the world to experience all the Bull City has to offer. The Scrap Exchange is thrilled to be a part of this celebration.