Oh yes, the SWAP-O-RAMA-RAMA is back!
The most fabulous community clothing swap event ever is coming soon, so start emptying out your closets– and dudes, we want your duds too!
How does a Swap-O-Rama-Rama work? It’s simple, bring your unwanted clothing (hats, shoes and accessories included), SWAP them out for new-to-you items, and create one-of-a-kind fashions with DIY sewing and embellishing stations.
DATE: Saturday, February 15
TIME: 10 AM – 4 PM
LOCATION: 2050 Chapel Hill Road in Durham, NC
(previously Lakewood Cinema and the Duke Surplus building, and future home of The Scrap Exchange!)
COST: $10 per person; Free for children 10 and under
In addition to swapping clothes, you can alter and embellish clothes with DIY stations GALORE such as:
- T-shirt press: With vintage decals and letters, need we say more.
- Costumery: Mardi Gras is right around the corner (Tuesday, March 4)–bring your Krewe, and work with a costumer who will drape and double-dog dare you to wear it out on the town.
- Altered sweaters: Ann May Woodward will be present and provocative with her altered sweater creations.
- Borderline bedazzlers: You know who you are.
- Fabric stencils: Make it all yours with stencils and paint.
- Bric-a-Brac, trim and notions: Turn those britches into a flirty mess.
- Sergers and sewing machines: Sew baby, sew!
- Put a heart on it (or unravel it): Afterall, it’s the day after St. Valentines.
- Trashion strut: Walk the runway in your new creations and stunning outfits.
Let us know if you would like to volunteer (2-hour shifts). Email volunteer[at]scrapexchange.org. Volunteers get in for FREE!